From boingboing and Surveillance Nation. I love the image of “every dude walking around with a thirty foot cloud of data emanating from his pants is so tantalizing that it invites sinister conspiracies.” If you haven’t read about RFID tags, you might want to. Got a passport? Got a driver’s license? You probably have a couple of those data clouds emanating from your self, then too.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Ontario’s Privacy Commissioner on RFID & EDLs: Podcast (mt-soft.com.ar)
- Moratorium sought on enhanced driver’s licenses (thestar.com)
- Manitoba ID cards at risk for scams, says tech expert (cbc.ca)
- Ottawa recalls sensitive database in border project (cbc.ca)
- Passport RFIDs cloned wholesale by $250 eBay auction spree (theregister.co.uk)
- US passports can be read and copied from a moving car using a $250 rig (boingboing.net)