Panic + stupid = RFID passports
In 9/11’s aftermath panic ruled the nation’s domestic security bureaucracies, Congress and the White House. Paranoid mid-level bureaucrats were given free rein to “innovate” and guess what popped up? RFID tags in your passport.
And now they are adding them to driver’s licenses too.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Got a chipped ID? Hope you like sharing your private information (crunchgear.com)
- New U.S. border rules take effect today (cnn.com)
- Be Careful What You Wish For… (lockergnome.com)
- Chips in official IDs raise privacy fears (comsecllc.blogspot.com)
- Cruising Fisherman’s Wharf For New Passports’ Serial Numbers (yro.slashdot.org)