out there among others like Pulse, Editions, and Livestand, is of course Zite. Zite, unlike Flipboard actually learns your interests and serves you content based on your reading patterns. Kind of like my6sense does. Well, apparently Zite is on to something and CNN announced yesterday that it will be acquiring the young company for approximately $20 million, as AllThingsD reports.
- CNN acquires Zite, plans to operate as independent business (tuaw.com)
- Zite Sold to CNN for Just Over $20 Million (allthingsd.com)
- CNN Acquires iPad Newsreading App Zite (mashable.com)
- CNN acquires Zite, Canada-based maker of the personalize magazine for iPad (intomobile.com)
- Mashable: Why CNN has acquired iPad magazine Zite (blogs.journalism.co.uk)